Monday, September 7, 2009

Shrimp Scampi Coffee

I don't think it's right when your mother finds a shrimp tail at the bottom of her coffee cup. Here's a play-by-play:

MOM: What do you think that is?

DANA: What?

MOM: I just pulled that out of my coffee cup.

DANA: (leaning in for a closer inspection) Eeew.

(MOM pokes it around on her plate with a fork.)

DANA: I think it's a shrimp. N0 -- it IS a shrimp. Look (pointing) ...there's the tail. I think I want to throw up (she says, eyeing her own coffee with a look of disgust.)

MOM: Well ... it didn't kill me (she says, drinking the rest of the coffee.)

She said it didn't taste different, but that the second shrimp-free cup was much better. Maybe it's good luck in some other culture I'm not aware of? The "Island Buffet" at the Tropicana was not worth your time. Ugh.

Speaking of luck ... I get the coolest fortune in my cookie last night. It reads: "An enjoyable vacation is awaiting you near the mountains."

No comments:

Post a Comment